Skip to main content

Pidgeon and Feathers

I am experimenting with a more loose watercolor style. I want to do more with wet paint and allow the water to do its own thing. It is difficult to let go of that control intentionally, but it results in more happy accidents and playful discoveries.

Here, I've also tried to incorporate some watercolor pencils. There is so much more to watercolor pencils than I had imagined! The variety of marks I have been able to make with just one pencil and a little water is very exciting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawloween (at my own pace) - Pumpkins

 

The World of the Small

Drawing and painting small objects is a lot of fun. There are a lot of details that one doesn't really pick up on when an object is viewed from afar. Small things, by virtue of their size, are always viewed this way. As far as the painting itself, it was fun to get some use out of my tiny brushes.

Rules and requirements (mostly for me)

Initially, I was taking a look at my scanner for the maximum dimensions of a painting. I realize now that archiving paintings is a bit more involved than posting 300x300 pixel GIFs. So, some of these pieces will need to be photographed. Others will be scanned (provided the paper doesn't curl too badly). Here is the rough draft of my proposed project: I will create 2-3 finished watercolor pieces every week for the year 2014 The minimum dimensions for each piece will be 4x6" (no maximum) Materials list: Watercolor paint (in tubes or cakes), watercolor pencils, brushes, India Ink, bamboo pen, white gouache, and gold paint pen. Subject matter will change with every painting. I know there is a lot a person can learn from painting the same subject over and over, but this is not that project. New paintings will be posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Expect extra posts to occur between those days. Since the whole purpose of this project is to learn, I plan on reading and resear